Terms and Conditions
About our Terms
- We are Actum Group Limited (“we”, “us”, or “our”), a limited company registered in England and Wales and our registered address is 77 East Road, London, England, N1 6AH. Our company number is 13227473, our UK VAT registration number is 394686535.
- In these terms “you” or “Subscriber” means the subscriber organisation and the users within that organisation detailed in the Actum Subscription Agreement.
- “Actum Group Content” means information produced by Actum Group Limited in database, news, article or email form or accessed via www.actumgroup.com which has been obtained by third parties or researched and created in-house at Actum Group Limited.
- These Terms and Conditions apply whenever you use Actum Group Limited mobile and online digital apps and access the content and insights available on them
- You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using Actum Group Content and/or subscribing to Actum Group Limited. By accessing, using or subscribing to any of the above, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (as applicable) and the documents referred to in them.
- If you access Actum Group Content under an organisation’s subscription agreement, then your access is primarily governed by the subscription agreement between us and that organisation. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the organisation’s subscription agreement (as applicable), the terms of the organisation’s subscription agreement shall prevail to the extent of the inconsistency only. If you have any questions about Actum Group Content or if you are please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Actum Subscription Agreement
- We offer one subscription to Actum Group Content and this is referred to as a “Subscription”
- You may purchase a Subscription by signing up at www.actumgroup.com, emailing us at email@example.com or calling +44 203 307 5640.
- We will try to process your Subscription order promptly but cannot guarantee activation by any specified time. We may reject any Subscription order in our discretion. We may cancel or suspend your Subscription account if you share your access rights with any third parties, or attempt to allow third parties to avoid our control of access to Actum Group Content.
Fees and Payment
- The Subscriber agrees to pay the Subscription fees at the rates and in the currency displayed on the Actum Subscription Agreement. Prices may vary from time to time and by country, and a Subscription may be available on a one-off, annual or other basis. The amounts payable by the Subscriber under these terms are exclusive value added tax or similar tax which shall be paid by the Subscriber.
- Actum Group Limited will send an invoice for the subscription fee which shall become payable immediately and shall be paid in full by the Subscriber within 14 days of receipt of the invoice by the Subscriber.
- Content notifications will be delivered daily via email. Actum Group Limited reserves the right not to deliver content should there be no applicable content for that period, bank holidays and/or weekends.
Term and Cancellation Rights
- The Actum Subscription Agreement will commence at the start of the Subscription Period and continue until the end date of the Subscription Period. Either party may terminate the Actum Subscription Agreement with effect from the end date of the Subscription Period by giving no less than 60 days prior written notice to the other party.
- We may suspend or terminate your Subscription if we are prevented from providing services to you by circumstances beyond our control, or if we cease publishing Actum Group Content.
- We may also suspend or terminate your Subscription, without refund, if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or in the event of any verbal or written abuse of any kind (including abusive, offensive or aggressive language) directed towards our Actum Group personnel, with or without notice and without further obligation to you.
- If you are not a Subscriber, then we may suspend or terminate your access to the Actum Group Content at any time, with or without notice and without further obligation to you.
Using Actum Group Content
- All intellectual property rights in each are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms and Conditions. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and free to use them as we see fit.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions grants you any legal rights in Actum Group Limited other than as necessary to enable you to access Actum Group Content. You agree not to adjust, to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on Actum Group Content (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within actumroup.com
- You are permitted to use the Actum Group Content only as set out in our Copyright Policy.
Accessing and Actum Group Services
- You agree to comply with our Copyright Policy when using Actum Group Content. You are responsible for all use of Actum Group Content whether accessed without a Subscription as a registered user, under your Subscription, or under your organisation’s Subscription
- The amount and types of Actum Group Content that you can view depend on what type of subscription you have. If you already have a subscription, details of your access rights can be found on The Actum Subscription Agreement. We may vary or cancel the access rights of non-paying users at any time.
- If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of your ID or any payment information, you must notify Actum Group Limited immediately by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend that you do not use Actum Group Limited‘s “Remember me” log in feature on any device that may be used by anyone other than you in order to prevent unauthorised access to Actum Group Content and your Subscription details.
Accuracy of information and availability of Actum Group Content
- While we try to make sure that Actum Group Content is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that Actum Group Content will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on Actum Group Content is at your own risk.
- Actum Group Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of Actum Group Content or any part thereof at any time as we see fit.
- While we try to make sure that Actum Group Content is available for your use, we do not promise that Actum Group Content is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of Actum Group Content.
Third party sites and products
- Actum Group Content may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites and third party products. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any products, content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website or third party product (including any advert or sponsor) does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any third party named on (or linked to/from) Actum Group Content are at your own responsibility and entered into at your own risk.
Your Privacy and Personal Information
Limitation on Our Liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms and Conditions were formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
losses to non-consumers:
- You may terminate your Subscription immediately in writing to Actum Group Limited if Actum Group Content is unavailable or inaccessible to you for either (a) more than 3 consecutive days during your Subscription; or (b) more than 5 days in a 30 day period, as a result of the fault or failure of Actum Group Limited.
- The limitations of liability in this section apply for the benefit of Actum Group Liimited, its affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or any company who we transfer our rights and obligations to in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may update these Terms and Conditions for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. We will provide notice of any significant changes below. You should regularly check this section to see if any changes have been made.
Law and Jurisdiction
- If you are a user whose principal address or principal use of Actum Group Content occurs in any jurisdiction other than the United States then these Terms and Conditions will be subject to English law. In this case, to the extent possible in the applicable jurisdiction, both you and we agree that the courts of England will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- If you are a user whose principal address or principal use of Actum Group Content occurs in the United States then these terms and conditions will be subject to the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. In this case, to the extent possible in the applicable jurisdiction, both you and we agree that the courts of the State of New York will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; epidemic or pandemic; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- You may not license or transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any company within the Actum Group Limited group of companies, but if we do so we will ensure that any company to whom we transfer our rights or obligations will continue to honour your rights under them.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Actum Group Limited relating to your use of the Actum Group Content. They supersede all previous communications, representations and arrangements, either written or oral.
- Actum Group Content is best viewed with the latest versions of IE and Chrome browsers. Any interaction between your browser and Actum Group Content is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer technology. SSL is currently the preferred method to securely transfer data over the Internet.